Intermittent Fasting Methods - Learn About The Safe Ways To Lose Weight
You have tried and tested several different types of dieting to lose weight but didn’t happen to. Maybe few Kilos here and there and you are back with more weight unable to understand what’s wrong with your body – why you are not able to lose weight and maintain it? Have you heard of Intermittent Fasting Methods??? We tell you what it is and we also tell you how millions of people around the world have adopted this safe weight loss practice.
Intermittent fasting or say “The 8 Hour Diet” or you can term as “Eat Stop Eat” is a type of diet that’s rapidly growing in popularity and becoming the way to lose weight. Last month alone there were over 258,000 searches for the phrase ‘intermittent fasting’ on Google alone.Since our ancestors appear to have eaten this way for thousands of years.
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
It is a diet regimen those cycles between brief periods of fasting, with either no food or significant calorie reduction, and periods of unrestricted eating. It is promoted to change body composition through loss of fat mass and weight, and to improve markers of health that are associated with disease such as blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Its roots derive from traditional fasting, a universal ritual used for health or spiritual benefit as described in early texts by Socrates, Plato, and religious groups.
Intermittent Fasting Methods – Know Which Works For You
There are several different intermittent fasting methods. Three popular ones are:
- The 16/8 Method: Skip breakfast every day and eat during an 8-hour feeding window, such as from 12 noon to 8 pm.
- Eat-Stop-Eat: 24-hour fasts each week, for example by not eating from dinner one day until dinner the next day.
- The 5:2 Diet: Only eat 500-600 calories on two days of the week, but eat normally the other 5 days.
Tips To Make Intermittent Fasting Bit Easy For You
- During your fast you’ll want to drink plenty of water. Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice into your water to help gets rid of any cravings you experience. You can also drink coffee, tea, or other calorie free beverages
- If you can handle it, take in a little caffeine in the morning and early afternoon. The caffeine in coffee and tea may actually make intermittent fasting a little easier to fast since it’s good for curbing your appetite.
- Minimize foods rich in processed carbohydrates and sugars. While intermittent fasting does make it possible to eat a little looser than normal
- Don’t gorge at your first meal. The first meal after your fast should be the amount of food you typically eat. Binging will only make you feel awful and diminish the benefits you get from the fast.
Is It Okay To Workout While Intermittent Fasting?
Yes, you can. In fact, doing the right type of workout while fasting will help you lose weight faster and even build muscle.
The best workouts to do while fasting for weight loss are 3-4 intense strength training workouts weekly. This means anything from standard strength training to kettlebell or body weight workouts.
Focus on doing 3-4 total body exercises per workout with as little rest as possible between sets. Doing this will help you burn more calories during and after your workout. You’ll build muscle too which will help you look and feel better as the weight comes off.
If you have tried different types of diets and still struggling with your weight?? Why not give intermittent fasting a try.
There are no side effects to intermittent fasting plus results are visible quickly. For more weight loss tips, diet plans, lose post pregnancy weight and more can be learnt from certified experts who are our keynote speakers at FitaCon.
Connect with us
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities